Bountiful Water Sub-Conservancy District was organized in 1954 to manage the pressurized irrigation system, which delivers water to the Bountiful area from the Weber Basin Water Conservancy District, through the Davis Aqueduct. In 2008 the name was changed to Bountiful Irrigation District.
Bountiful Irrigation district has been a vital contributor to southern Davis county for the past 60 years by delivering irrigation (secondary) water to farmers and residents in the Bountiful area. The district has always sought to improve performance and efficiency, and has consistently achieved its goal of excellent customer service.
In 2009, the district completed construction of a new office and warehouse complex located at 995 South 500 W, which replaced the previous office located at 385 West 500 South. The previous facility and land were sold to help pay for the new buildings.
The district is governed by a five member Board of Trustees, that are appointed by the Davis County Commission. They serve four year terms. Since there are no term limits, many trustees serve multiple terms. In addition, each trustee serves as board secretary for one year, followed by a one-year term as president, and the positions of secretary and president are rotated among all board members. The Board of Trustees meets monthly.
Full time employees consist of a manager, administrative assistants, a software administrator, and maintenance personnel. The maintenance personnel, include a supervisor, foreman and the maintenance crew. There are eight full-time employees, one part-time employee and a couple seasonal employees.